POD: Day 365 | 8.15.12 | ONE YEAR OF PODs!!!




Wayne Brandon, 16, installs brakes on a brand new Redline DS1 bike inside Grassroots Bikes, a nonprofit bike shop on Mangum Street on Wednesday, August 15, 2012.


From the first day of Photojournalism 1 on August 15, 2011, with my teacher Jay Capers, and his assignment to take at least one photo every day and post it on our blog, to 365 days later...two days before I ended my second internship at The Herald-Sun. It has not been easy to do this, but it has been an enjoyable challenge. One that I plan on keeping up with, but in a different format. I have really loved exploring photography through the use of my iphone. It is small, silent and always with me. Different applications make it fun to experiment and be creative in a variety of ways that my dslr cannot (not to mention how many actuations I'm keeping off of my work camera). In the midst of the grind with daily assignments that may or may not entice my inner creative self, this is a very welcome outlet and one that I've turned into a daily activity. I post from my phone to a Tumblr blog. Feel free to check it out and follow: http://mmelvinphoto.tumblr.com/ I will still be using this blog to post personal work and assignments from the paper, so keep your eyes here as well. Thanks for all the views and kind comments! Stay tuned for more!

1 comment: