Montana: Part 1

Near the end of August I was fortunate enough to travel with Davis' family to Bozeman, Montana for the wedding of his younger brother, John to his fearless, adventurous partner of five years, Taylor. I arrived four days before the wedding, which left room for some wandering. On a flawless-looking Wednesday, Davis, his sister Anna, and her boyfriend Jeff, and I packed into a rental and drove to Yellowstone National Park. There's not much I can say about this expansive piece of land that hasn't been said more than a million times. It was a lot to take in (especially for a photographer) so for most of the trip I sat with my nose pressed to the window--absorbing it into my memory--camera down. In all honesty I didn't make many photos that day, or that week. I enjoyed being around people I don't get to see very often for a long stretch of uninterrupted time, which is something I haven't been able to do since internships began in mid-March. Being surrounded by such strange, new and breathtaking terrain was such a gift, but even more so was being able to live in those moments with people whom I love dearly. 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment